AM I WRONG FOR WANTIN TO GET PREGNANT?

I have a BF we have been together for a few months.
I want a baby sooo bad. Im not sure if he wants one or not. He has 2 already.
Would it be wrong for me to get pregnant with out lettin him know? Im not trying to get pregnant for him to support me or anything I can do that on my own and Im sure I can support a child as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• totally wrong to get pregnant without getting him on board with you.
    Anonymous

• You are not wrong for wanting to be a mommy. You are wrong for even thinking about trying to get pregnant behind his back. Sure things may go as you plan, however, most likely it will come back to shoot you in the ass.

You said that you have only been with your BF for a few months. Think about what you are doing to your potential child if you two break up.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I personally think it's wrong to try and get pregnant without the other person's consent. It's "using" them, even if you're madly in love and in a very happy relationship. But whatever, I'm not your mom and I can't force you to do it or not to do it.

Just talk to him and see where he stands. You won't know until you ask him.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• That's an evil thing to even suggest. It's totally unfair to him. Please don't do that.
    Anonymous

• not "wrong" for wanting to be a mother.

"wrong" for just wanting to get pregnant when you are not emotionally & financially ready. I say emotionally because if you are willing to trick him and get pregnant by him behind his back, that's extremely childish. IMHO that's just as bad as rape. He doesn't want a child.

If you want a child that badly, go to a sperm bank and get a donor that consented.
    Anonymous

• Ummmm thats really screwed up.... you dont even know a person well enough after only a few months to want to be a parent with them!!! And for you to get pregnant without him knowing is really really screwed up!! Thats like him having sex with you without your consent.... Im sure that would be a huge deal!! so making a baby with someone without him knowing is the same thing in my book!!! It's wrong and you need to wait til you are in a stable realationship and you can both agree to want a baby and I think you should at least try a year with this man before you even consider it thats y there are so many fatherless kids out there cause of what you are trying to do just cause" you want a baby so bad"!!! they are human beings not a hobby grow up!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• yes, very wrong. just dating a few months is a little too early.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I concur with scaredmommy08; I can tell you, it is not about wanting to be a mom, it's about wanting to create a family with someone else, that you have been with long enough to truly know and love them. Everyone falls head over heels in the early stages; but when it comes down to it, its how you two will work together to build a life for each other, and until that stage occurs, you are better off waiting, not only for you, but for the sake of your children.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:32 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You are not wrong for wanting a baby, it is normal for many women if not all to want to have a child to love and raise, (I think it is honestly is both instinct and a giant desire in most...) Just take your time, you have no reason to rush, everything will fall into place when it is supposed to. If you force it, i.e. secretly try and get pregnant, I honestly feel karma will come back to haunt you one way or an other. We are given options in life, try to make the best decisions for everyone, as in the end, you and and a child might have to suffer the consequences; and it unfair to act as if he is just a sperm donor as well. Using people to obtain things you want (even if you care for them,) is just plain wrong, and you need wait until he too is ready and makes that decision to create a child.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Its kinda scarey you know....getting someone prego and then finding out they planned the whole thing behind your back
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:33 PM on Nov. 2, 2008