How do you tell someone that you don't want to watch their kid anymore?

For almost a year now we have been watching a friend's child 3 evenings a week for fee. We feed and bathe her before her mom picks her up after dad drops her off. In the last 2 weeks this toddler and mine have been into some trouble around my house. The second child is doing things that my DD knows that she isn't to do, but is encouraged to do it b/c her friend is doing them. I don't want my child picking up anymore of these bad habits b/c she has been disciplined from the beginning and her friend has not and does not have any boundaries. How do you tell someone that you don't want to watch their kid b/c you feel that their 2 yo is a bad influence on your 2 yo? BTW when she was picked up the other night after most of this had occurred, her Mother's response was "Well their 2, and their terrible". That answer was not sufficient for me.

coala

Asked by coala at 8:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just tell her that your circumstance has changed and you can no know long watch the child and set a time for your last day.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Just tell her you can't handle it anymore. I would be a little pissed if I were you. You have been watching this child for free for a year and she doesn't seem to be to concerned about the way her child is acting. If I had been lucky enough to find a friend to watch my child for free, you can guarantee that I would do ANYTHING to ensure that my child was behaving! Drop her, quick.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Tell them it is becoming too much for you. Just do it nicely, it is up to her how she takes it. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would say that you are just ready for some time with your little one before she gets ready for school. They grow-up so fast watchen someone else takes precious time away form your baby. Though you love there little one you just really need to focus on your little one now and that is what is in your best interest. And your childs!!
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 8:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well our babysitter just flat out said "I can't watch you son anymore, I've got too many new kids coming in at the moment and had to let some go. Sorry"

I dunno if she just added the last part on or not, but it was clear she was done with our boy. We didn't argue it. Just thanked her and wished her well and moved on. I'm pretty sure our Autistic son was too much to handle but she wasn't willing to say that (and we didn't know about the Autism yet)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would just say I'm sorry but you'll have to find someone else and give her x amount of days to do so and say you just find yourself too busy to watch her child anymore..
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• thats always tough. But i think being honest is the best policy! if ur friend gets upset or takes it the wrong way then thats not a good understanding friend at all. she should have consideration, especially if u are watching her child for free. its a favor that she should be thankful for, for as long as it lasts.
    2Kiddos2Sweet

Answer by 2Kiddos2Sweet at 12:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010