How would you handle it?

MY DH's and his Ex bumped into each other at the mall the other day and she wants to keep in touch (FB, eamil, etc). I honestly don't like her. They had a long relationship before me. Were even engaged at one point, but she decided to bail on him and he thinks she may have been seeing someone on the side because with a few months of their breakup she got married to someone else. Thats odd.

Anyways, in the past her and I have had words regarding my DH. She's still flirt and check him out and I'd whip out the claws (we were all coworkers back then).

Its years later now, so I dunno if its still fair to judge her in the way she was back then. Should I give it a chance? Or tell him I'd rather he kept her out of our life?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• People change but honestly I could not deal with and Ex that was going to be married to my man.. Too serious of a relationship to have as a bff latter. But if you and your Hubby do decide to be friends with her take it slow and no trust it has to be earned from her.. Ask him if he thinks it would be a problem.? They should not be emailing and all if you are friends with her again it is the couple (you and he) and her not him and her and you left out.. NO!! Sometimes it works sometimes not I have never tried... Good luck with whatever you and your man decide..
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 8:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• She needs to stay out his life. Nothing good can come from him keeping in touch with her.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would keep a distance and just be cordial when needed.

Answer by older at 8:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think it is a bit much considering that they were engaged at one point. bumping into her and saying hi is one thing but intentionally keeping in touch is asking for trouble imo . especially since you and her arent exactly friends

foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• They don't have any children together? There is NO point in them 'keeping in touch'. None. She needs to stay the hell away. She's up to something, and that something is bad. He should know that, given she offered him one last f*ck before you were to be married. People change, but people like her? They take MUCH longer to change. And don't change as much.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• There's a difference between catching up bumping into someone at the mall and continuing to stay in touch with contact information. I'd say it's completely unnecessary for him to give out his contact info because it can open a pandora's box that doesn't need to be opened.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• LOL so similar to my situation. Only they ran into each other at the local grocery store and DID keep in contact over Myspace. Now we are divorced and they are dating! Nuff said.................
    fluffymomma175

Answer by fluffymomma175 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• oh hell no...I say keep that b**** away!! Does not sound healthy at all to have her in your lives! Your better off without her around!!
    lilcutiepie2578

Answer by lilcutiepie2578 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Dont just keep quiet about it, talk about it and let him know she needs to stay out of your lives, my husband says that it happened once so it can happen again.
    Alycyaz

Answer by Alycyaz at 1:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would tell him to stay away. Ask him how it would feel if it was the other way around.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2010