HE GOT INTO HIS CAR & DROVE AWAY

During a fight with my husband. I ask to see his phone so I could see what he and his brother were texting about(both grown men) HE got into his CAR and drove away for 10min. When he came back his text messages were ERASED. I am now angry and suspious. This seem like a hugh betrail to me. Am overreacting (like my *H says am I acting crazy)
* brother-in-law has had a hugh drug problem in the past. B-I-L trys to drag my husband down EVERY time he starts using.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• You have every reason to suspect something. If he had nothing to hide, then he would have let you look at his phone. Also before you do anything drastic, make sure you have proof. If I were in your shoes, I would look at the phone bill. They can send you copies of those text messages. And then you will know what to do. Good luck
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• this sounds VERY suspious my ex huband did the same thing when he would text the girl he was cheating on me with so whatever you think hes doing odds are your right and his actions proved it...you deserve better dont let him walk all over you i let my ex husband and i regret it
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 8:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• *The phone is through his work. I don't think I can get access through the bill.
    Anonymous

• I'm not being a smarty here, I seriously don't know the answer. You can specifically ask the phone company and they'll give you word for word what the texts are saying coming and going? Has anyone done this here? Are all cell companies able to do this or just some? I would feel like my privacy is being violated if my hubby did that to me, but nothing to hide but I'd say things to friends I'd never say to him when I'm angry.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• give him a couple days then check his phone with out him knowing see if you find something suspicious or ask your brother in law if you can use his phone go to the bathroom with it and chck to see what your hubby has been writing to him
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 8:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• he'll be careful for awhile..i would give it a week or two. probably 2 then check
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• my brother is a long sherman and he says that guys that cheat use men names on their contact list but the phone number really belongs to a women. he was obviously hidding something bad. Hope he will share the truth with you.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You have the right to be pissed, upset, and suspicious. You have a right as wifey to know what whe heck is going on. I never delete my texts just in case hubby wants to go through them (which he never does, but in case one day he suspects any michief he can go through phone and see nothing is going on for himself) I agree with JCRestotedme.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Something shady was going on. I hope he shapes up :(
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You should confront your coward bil and tell him to stay the f**k out of your lives, unless he is clean and sober. Woman you are right in think your husband is hiding something. I hope he isn't loan him money. It's called WOMANS INTUITION.
    chellenout

Answer by chellenout at 10:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2008