Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Is there a special Veteran in your life?

Veterans Day is here. Is there a special Veteran you want to recognize?

 
_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

Level 30 (42,083 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • My dad was in the Army during WWII and served in the occupation of Japan. He is not proud of the occupation part, but he's proud to be a veteran of the US Armed Services. My uncle was a POW in Germany. My ex's grandfather was a POW in the Phillipines and my MIL wrote a book about him. My son has his Purple Heart, as the only surviving direct male decendant. My son wanted to join, he has a friend in the Marines and one in the Army, but he has a hearing loss and won't be accepted into any branch.
    kjrn79

    Answer by kjrn79 at 8:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • Yes, my brother is a Vietnam veteran, and he is definitely special to me.
    older

    Answer by older at 8:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • My father served in WWII. He was in the surviving 5% during the invasion of Normandy (D Day) The other 95 % were relatives and friends who enlisted from surrounding areas. He earned 1 Silver Star, 1 bronze star, 2 purple hearts and a Presidential letter of commendation.
    depressedmom65

    Answer by depressedmom65 at 8:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • My husband.He was in the military for 12 years. It got to be too much on the family. Now is just in the reserves.
    arenad

    Answer by arenad at 8:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • me, my dad and my grampa (rip)
    Zoeyis

    Answer by Zoeyis at 8:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • My husband, My FIL, my Grandpa, my Uncle, and 3 cousins.
    momof3inTN

    Answer by momof3inTN at 8:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN