Is there a special Veteran in your life?

Veterans Day is here. Is there a special Veteran you want to recognize?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• My dad was in the Army during WWII and served in the occupation of Japan. He is not proud of the occupation part, but he's proud to be a veteran of the US Armed Services. My uncle was a POW in Germany. My ex's grandfather was a POW in the Phillipines and my MIL wrote a book about him. My son has his Purple Heart, as the only surviving direct male decendant. My son wanted to join, he has a friend in the Marines and one in the Army, but he has a hearing loss and won't be accepted into any branch.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, my brother is a Vietnam veteran, and he is definitely special to me.

Answer by older at 8:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My father served in WWII. He was in the surviving 5% during the invasion of Normandy (D Day) The other 95 % were relatives and friends who enlisted from surrounding areas. He earned 1 Silver Star, 1 bronze star, 2 purple hearts and a Presidential letter of commendation.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 8:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My husband.He was in the military for 12 years. It got to be too much on the family. Now is just in the reserves.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• me, my dad and my grampa (rip)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My husband, My FIL, my Grandpa, my Uncle, and 3 cousins.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2010