Are you a Veteran?

If so, from when?

I'm a Veteran of the current war. Though I've never seen action, there are plenty of men and women that I've served with who have. I gave the United States Navy four years of my life. If I didn't have my daughter when I did, I'd have more than likely re-enlisted for another 2-4 years and served in Afghanistan or Iraq.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not, but my husband is a veteran of the Vietnam War. When he came back, he used his GI bill to go to college at Texas Tech. His first day of class, one professor walked in, and asked how many were veterans. Steve and about 15 others raised their hands. Then he asked how many were in Vietnam. They raised their hands again, and he told them not to bother coming back to class, because they all automatically failed the course! Which, of course is illegal. But, the professor had tenure, so he knew he could get away with it. They were all put into another class, and passed,but the point is, they were over there fighting for that idiot's right to treat them like 2nd class citizens,and it's not fair he was able to get away with it!
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 8:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Never made it to Iraq or Afganistan but my husband did numerous times and is getting ready to go again.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 8:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am. I was a medevac pilot.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am. Joined during the first Gulf War but it was over while I was still in training.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• the point is, they were over there fighting for that idiot's right to treat them like 2nd class citizens,and it's not fair he was able to get away with it!

Amen..he should have been thrown out on his a@@..truly disgusting how those men were treated by some of their 'fellow Americans'
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• jaycietaylorgma fast forward to the present and the rights of veterans are still not a top priority. Sad to say not much has changed in that area. :o(
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• ...all of you that have said YES...thank you for your service.

I haven't. My dh currently is and our family is peppered with them.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am a Veterian of the Cold War and Gulf War. My DH is a Vet of the Cold War, Gulf War and our current war. We have been a military family for over 20 years. Thank you to all those who have served and who are currently serving. A special Thank You to all the spouses and family who are back home serving by wearing "many hats". I have lived the military life and loved all my military family. Thank you for all the support given to one another and to your significant others who sacrifice their lives each and every day.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I not but my husband served in Iraq for 18 months and my brother is currently in Germany after a few onths in Iraq.
    EmpathyEve

Answer by EmpathyEve at 4:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Nope
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010