so i was thinking how do those people that made MYSPACE or FACEBOOK or TWITTER or eaven CAFEMOM get rich when its free to people??

yeah i saw that facebook movie and its pretty good but i was like how did that guy get super super rich by creating a site were people could get in for free..facebook is free to people but guess how much money the guy is getting for creating it.. LOTS AND LOTS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS any idea how they get rich by doing something free for people to use??

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sponsors pay a lot of money to advertise in those sites.....

Answer by older at 8:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm really not sure though I do know that the sites get paid for all the advertisments that they show on them.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Sponsors and the ads.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Something about how many views they get. If you had your own blog/website and thousands of people visited it, u would get paid too. I guess it is from the ads.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• a site thats popular gets lot of peoples attention. Lots of people join. The more people view it everyday the higher the price the advertise there.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The more "free" people that come to these sites, the more companies give them money to advertise. All these advertisements you see to the side & bottom of a page, are all paid to be there. They cannot just post their advertisements on CM for free, they have to pay CM to put them there. And, the more people you have on your site....the more companies will want to advertise with you & the more you charge them. Both myspace & facebook are loaded with advertisements if you have not noticed.

I'm sure there are other ways they get money too, but that is one of the ways they make lots of money.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The same way the raido and tv are free.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• People buy ad space on their page. So basically every commericial or ad that is published on their site the site gets paid for posting. They also have Farmville Credits and other things of that nature where people spend real money for the game. As well as doing promotional work like talk shows, etc. They get paid to appear if they choose to.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• They make money by selling ads.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well on this page alone I have a windex ad and that REALLY ANNOYING Riddex ad.....I'm so SICK of seeing that lice crawling on my screen, lol.....they make their money on the advertising
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010