Is there a special mug or cup you use every single day?

I use the coffee mugs that match our plates (a really nice dark green color), but I have a mug that I prefer to use. I received it in 1996 when I was published in the National Authors Registry from Iliad Press. I don't know if that company is even around anymore, but I have a poem in three or four anthologies (all of which I own, lol). It says "Drink from the Muse!"

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had a cute Nicole Miller leopard print mug that I used for years! I'm talking since high school years! That was before she got famous making wedding dresses. Come to think of it, it probably was close to being vintage Nicole Miller and I should have saved it. Anywhoo.....the handle broke and I tossed it and I ended up on a monthslong search for my next perfect mug. Now I have one that has one of those 50's style pictures of a woman cleaning a bathtub (in her heels and pearls, of course!) with the saying," A clean house is a sign of a wasted life" and the handle also says " A wasted life". Its already been put to good use!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• just outta habit, I kida stole it from my DH, but he's never said anything about it. Its a big marble looking mug from a trip to NYC we did one year.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have a mug with my boys baseball picture on it from last fall. I love it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have a cup that was given to me as a gift a few years ago...it's a big coffee cup that says "I see dumb people" I still think it's funny. and it fits all the coffee i need for the morning.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yeah and its a Christmas mug, lol
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I use a steel thermal coffee mug. It keeps my coffee hot for hours since I'm a slow drinker.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, I'm a total dork--I use a travel mug with a picture of what me the world's ugliest bird EVER on it. The Nature Conservancy sent it to me about 10 years ago, and I've used it every day of my life since then. I don't even know why--there's nothing special about it. I think it just has more to do with me being a creature of habit and routine. My family likes to poke fun at me over this cup with the poor ugly bird on it but what do they know? LOL.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, I received a lidded coffee cup from our council office as a thank you a few years ago and I use it daily. It looks like a generic to-go cup but it says Thanks for making a difference on it. Before that I had a large black mug with red polka dots and a white handle. This was my teaching cup and I used it every day at school.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yup, my big blue mug! I use it every morning for my coffee!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yep, i have a black & white mug. i use it every day but i don't really remember where i got it from though
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2010