Would you get your childs father something for christmas???

My ex and I broke up about 5 months ago...before that it was always rocky (he is an alcohlic) so I had to have child support enforcement even when we were together b/c he would get his check and spend the WHOLE thing on alcohol....well I have not gotten any child support in 6 months b/c he can't keep a job. Should I get him anythinng from our child on xmas?? I really don't have any money so if I do get him something it will have to be small.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• Yes, get him the AA's 12 steps book.

Answer by older at 8:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Unless we were still friends, I would n't personally, but I would let his kids get dad something, sure.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would just get him something small.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• lol....he claims he has changed now...but I have heard the a million times but he is going to some church for meetings everyday, he wants to get back together but he has hurt me toooo many times we were together 9 1/2 years.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• no.........way.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If it's from your child, that is OK.....no personal gifts though...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well thats what I was talking about from my child :) not from me.....but I don't know what little thing I should get from her!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Probably the best way to answer your question would be to ask yourself if you want him to teach your child to give to you. Children learn habits of giving from watching their parents, so the bigger question is whether you want to teach your child to be a giver. If the answer to that is yes, then maybe you and the child could make something together for Dad. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Remember, we are teaching the importance of learning the meaning of giving.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Depending on how old your child is, mine are 4 & 6 so they would definately remember their dad at Christmas and want to see him and make him something.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If your daughter is old enough to pick something out herself let her pick even if you just take her to the dollar store he *should* appreciate it...or better yet help her make an ornament with her picture or something like that instead of spending money on him :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2010