thinking of having a baby at age 40.

my husband and i have two kids between us from previous marriage.. but we both been thinking about having a baby.. problem is im 40 and he is 32.. im in good health but have some unsures about this.. he is not pressuring. any advice out there.?

jojo153

Asked by jojo153 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had my last one at 40, I would go for it, I found it made me feel young, and had a lot more patience than when I had my other two in my twenties. You will enjoy this baby a lot more knowing it will probably be your last chance at motherhood, go for it!

Answer by older at 8:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My best friend had her last baby at 44, and it's not really any different than when she was younger. I say if you want to, go for it. Just do some research on it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• agreed! go for it! have fun and good luck!!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My sister had a baby when about 2 weeks after her 40th birthday.

She said being pregnant at 40 was a lot harder than being pregnant at 30 (with twins) because she didn't have as much energy, and she had a lot more aches and pains than she remembered.

Other than that she didn't have any health problems, and her baby was perfectly healthy.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I had my first at almost 44! I will say that you do not have as much energy but I have tons of patience. I say if you are healthy - go for it!! I treasure every moment with my DD (she is 18 months now) even the not so fun ones!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 8:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Your only as old as you feel, that's what I have always been told. If you feel you can handle it. Go for it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• thanks ladies.. i am very excited
    jojo153

Comment by jojo153 (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Do it as long as you in great shape and still feel young...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You go girl!
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Do it!!! I wish I could and I'm 46.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010