Do you shop on amazon.com? Did you know they are selling a pedophile book?

"The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: A Child-Lover's Code of Conduct" by Philip R. Greaves 2nd.

Sick, sick, sick!! I am boycotting Amazon until they take this down.

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• There is no freedom of speech right in selling illegal materials and this book fits that definition. I knew all about it yesterday and contacted all sorts of people. And what that sick SOB said in an interview makes me gag. He wrote the book to teach pedophiles how to sexually touch children without penetration and says that is the true love of pedophiles. How the hell is that even covered under Freedom of Speech?? Someone touches your child after reading that book, you still going to think that there is Freedom of Speech involved? I seriously doubt it. That being said, I will NEVER do business with Amazon. I haven't since they got rude to me when I protested to them about their selling of books and DVD's of dog fighting. They told me they would sell whatever they wanted. I said fine, won't be shopping with you ever again. I think Amazon is damaged this time and people won't forget.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It has been taken down. Now. Since it's been all over the news. But not because of what it is. Which is damn sad.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I saw on HLN this morning that it's down. That Amazon said they took it down. If it's still up, then they lied.
    And, to anyone and everyone that wants to harp on how this is censorship, and taking away freedom of speech, then I guess CM is taking away our freedom of speech when they delete posts where one voices their personal opinion of another, when it's a mean and nasty opinion. That's censorship. The TOS, whatever it is, is censorship. Even though we agree to it, it's censorship. And takes away our freedom of speech. They also delete posts that cause tons of controversy, right? Is that legal? I mean, really? Technically speaking. How is that different then this mess with Amazon and this God forsaken book? It's ok for CM to do it, but not ok for Amazon to keep this book off it's site? Pulleeeeze.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, there was about 20 posts just like this last night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• sick
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree Raine! They didn't take it down for the content they took it down because of bad press.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 8:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No more amazon for this family. Even if it is down. It wasn't taken down for the right reasons.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Let me start by saying I do not agree with the book and what it stands for, and it probably wasn't a wise choice for Amazon to offer it. HOWEVER this is not shocking. There are websites out there that sell books supporting White Power, killing people and getting away with it, making bombs, and so much other garbage. Why? Because it's not illegal and it's their thoughts. I understand it's upsetting, but we really can't control it, and it's getting way more attention than it deserves. So I really think we should stop feeding the animals.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i already deleted my account.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• They pulled it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20022495-93.html

I will not be shopping amazon again!!! Maybe if enough people boycott them, they will get the message. I ordered 2 books from them yesterday BEFORE I read about this filth, but I can't cancel my order, it's too late. I will not be ordering from them again.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2010