Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what am i supposed to do?

i'm just so sad all the time and it won't go away. i can't stop thinking about killing myself. i can't stop cutting myself. i drink anytime i get the chance. i can't eat anything without throwing it back up. i'm afraid that if i talk to a counselor and tell them i have suicidal thoughts, they'll take me away from my baby.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Health

Answers (10)
  • 1-800-273-8255 PLease call suicide hotline, it's nationwide and they can help you way better than we can.

    Answer by kjrn79 at 8:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • You might have post partum.. You should talk to someone.. If you dont get help it will only get worse ,and then what will happen to your baby ..Look into your babies face and think of all you will miss if you dont get help.. your baby needs his/hers mommy.. I truly feel for you it took me a year to seek help and im glad I did

    Answer by ptmommie at 9:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • They wont. I was the same way and still get those thoughts everynow and then. First a counselor have a rule that they cant tell anyone anything unless you give them permission. They praise you for going to them for help. You need to do this for your kids. They deserve a healthy happy mom. If your still unsure call the 1800-273-8255 0r 1800-784-2433, its a private help hotline. Nobody will take away your kids fer getting help but they will if you dont.

    Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • it's not post partum. my daughter is a year old. i just hate myself.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • well thats already gonna happy if you dont get those negetive thought out of your head. trust in god always your life and your baby is worth living and fighting for. god will always walk with you in your time of fear. he's there!

    Answer by mcm1212 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • Are you getting enough sleep? I thought I had post-partum depression when my baby was 9 months old. I was co-sleeping, and not gettting proper rest with my baby in my bed. Things got better for me after I moved him into a crib. I could finally get the deep sleep I needed. I still had to get up with him most nights, but after he was back to sleep, I could return to my restful bed.

    Whatever the cause, you should seek help. I'm sure you want the best for your daughter, and harming or killing yourself is not going to be good for her.

    Answer by much2learn at 9:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • Do you have any friends you feel safe talking too? If not message me and we can talk, k? No pressure, i just understand and i would listen without judgement and it sounds like you need that. I do too:)

    Answer by andie6 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • They may put your daughter in a relative's care and give you vistation rights until you get the treatment you need. But that shouldn't stop you from getting the treatment you need. You deserve to be better not only for yourself but for your child. There isn't another choice other then getting help. Your child needs you in their life. They need you to be healthy and happy, so please go get some help. Hopefully you have friends and family who are there to support you. All the very best to you!

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • Take a multi vitamin and an omega supplement. Are you sleeping enough? Contact your community mental health center.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010


    Answer by sstepph at 4:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.