when do you put your baby in a big boy bed

my one 14 month old hates is crib now ..

ptmommie

Asked by ptmommie at 8:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son went into his toddler bed right before he turned 2. If he's ready for a toddler bed, and you can find a good one with rails that will keep him from rolling out, go for it. Another thing to try would be just a mattress on the floor. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Thank you I need to try something to keep him out of our bed.. Ilove sleeping with him but I dont get anysleep
    ptmommie

Comment by ptmommie (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My oldest was about 2 and climbing out of the bed my youngest was 15 months crawling in bed with big brother whom had queen size bed on the floor refused to sleep in his crib..
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 9:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I put my daughter in a toddler bed when she was 18months old because she was so big and the crib wasn't big enough for her to be comfortable. I put bed rails on the bed . She did well but it tppk a few days for her get used to it. Does ur son roll around a lot?
    sovis05

Answer by sovis05 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I knew it was time to change to a big boys bed when my son was able to climb out of his crib!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my son didn't stop sleeping with us till he was almost five because my hubby didn't want him to 'grow up' but i stared putting my daughter in a tot bed when she was 16 months and a regular bed when she was 18 months because i needed the crib again for the new baby who is now 11mnths.
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 9:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I switched all 4 of my older ones to twin beds when they were around 2.

Answer by missanc at 9:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Between age 2 & 2 1/2 for my son.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I started my son around same age as yours. like 15 months i think. It was tough! He would get up and fall asleep on the floor since we would block the door so he wouldnt get out of the room. But it was never a crying issue. He just would not stay in the bed to sleep cuz he had this newfound freedom to just roam! Eventually he learned to just fall asleep on the bed. My daughter is 2 now n still sleeps in her crib cuz we are waiting to buy my son a twin bed, he is 4 now and the toddler bed is getting kinda small for him. i dont see a point in buying my daughter a new bed when she can just use the one my son has now. I already know we will go thru the same hassle like we did my son, but every kid does that! its something new for them and they want to explore. u should be fine! start early if u can!
    2Kiddos2Sweet

Answer by 2Kiddos2Sweet at 12:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• when my son was 6 months old he would be asleep & we would put him in his crib & he would wake up as soon as we layed him down.
    So we put him in an adult twin bed w/ pillows all around him. he sleep thru the night the 1st nigt we did this. My husband got u to check on him because it scared him becuase he did not cry during the night.

be sure to put alot of pillows around them & put a side rail th the side ofthe bed that is not up against the wall.
    coolmom138

Answer by coolmom138 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010