Does anyone else's baby growl?

My 7-month old daughter likes to growl lately...is this normal??

CaseySD

Asked by CaseySD at 9:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my DD started at 4 months.. they go through phases.. i think its just them testing their vocal chords out.. I wouldnt worry.. unless they are actually being rough and slapping you etc.. just find the funny side to it. for now. :)
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 9:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Haha, my daughter does it and it scares the crap out of my brother! They watched her over the weekend and I "forgot" to mention her new growling ability so all of a sudden one night they heard what they said sounded the noise the Predator makes! Haha, scared em till they found out it was my 11 month old!!!!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• haha!! so funny you mention this....i was going to ask the same question on here today...my 4 month old just started this...its hilarious but i was a bit concerned at first lol
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• it's normal... my youngest still does it (11months) and when she does all of the older ones join in the fun... it used to scare me at first cause it came out of no where when i was doing laundry but now she only does it when another one of my kids make the noise... they are my fun little animals
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 9:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It just started a week ago...I was holding her and she started growling really low and deep. I was like, what is going on here?? lol
    CaseySD

Comment by CaseySD (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes. Both of my children have, and my daughter still does. It's helarious.
    It's simply them learning new ways of communicating, new sounds they can make, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Too funny! I forgot my Son did that! Yes, I think they are just testing out all the new noises that they can make. How cute is that?? :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my 3 month old just started that....its reallly cute and he does it a lot before he goes to sleep. I call him my little tiger :)
    kpryor1982

Answer by kpryor1982 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son does it too. He started around 3 months but now its a game.
    Mjay84

Answer by Mjay84 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son does that too but recently he wants to snort when he laughs I don't know why he thinks it's funny.
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 1:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010