What otc treatment can I use will help my acne?

HELP! I'm 32 yrs old & African-American & I have been battling acne ever since I was about 10 or 11 yrs old! I can't afford to go to a dermetologist to get a prescription to treat myacne; therefore, I was just wondering what otc solutions would be of help to me.

NubianQueen78

Asked by NubianQueen78 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I am 34 and for the past year have had more acne then I did when I was a teenager!! I have tried alot of different things but for the past month or so I have been using Biore. I use Biore unclogging scrub in the morning and I use Biore steam activated cleanser at night in the shower. My skin cleared up and looks good.
    Sunflower722

Answer by Sunflower722 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i make a mixture of burts acne moisturizer and a tube of 10% benzoil peroxide acne treatment cream. Just the cream itself is too strong & it burns my face. But, the burts bee's acne face lotion is actually very oily. They use sunflower oil which is actually good for fighting acne. When i combine the two (i mix them together on my fingertips) i have a GREAT moisturizing acne fighter. The burts keeps your face moisturized while the benzoil peroxide cream is killing acne bacteria. My face has not looked so good since i created my lil recipe.

Too many acne treatments were dryin gout my skin. And i found that when my skin gets dry, it overcompensates and brings more oil to the surface, clogging your pores & making MORE pimples. So, i realized that my face needs moisture while it also needs to something to fight the acne. Great combo!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I use the AcneFree system. It is similar to ProActiv, but it is less expensive and you can buy it in stores.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I read an article this morning that said lack of beneficial bacteria in the gut can cause skin afflictions. Try taking a daily probiotic.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I sell skincare products and we have a great acne line called clear advantage, I can email you some info and testimonials if you are interested. let me know. Good luck. mhyl2000@yahoo.com
    cassivia

Answer by cassivia at 2:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010