I am looking for an online chat room re: spirituality with emphasis on christ based beliefs.

I have a hard time finding people to chat with who believe in Christ but at the same time are open-minded. I believe I can learn new things related to spirituality from open minded individuals.I have a hard time believing the bible is the one and only word of God. I am willing to be convinced. I truly believe organized religion makes access to God all but impossible. I don't know how to explain it but I really want to hook up with others who have the same questions. I want to discuss points with someone who may have some answers. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank You.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Sadly i don't know of any chat rooms, but if you'd like to talk to me when can email each other :)
    I do believe in Christ, I am open-minded on some parts, I do believe the Bible is the one and only word from God, and I am trying to believe in organized religion.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't claim to have all the answers but I love to seek answers. I'm a Christian as well, I do believe in the Bible but not in organized religion :-)
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't know of any chat rooms, but LDS moms is always active.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• First I want to say; good luck. I went though a phase of searching out other Christians to discuss the faith with online. I visited many forums, groups, bb's, Q&A's and chat rooms. None of them were open minded, but this was back in '93 till '05. I found most Christian run boards to be firm on whatever dogma they proscribed to and did not care to be questioned on it. I did not find one who would not label me a troll because of the questions I asked and the answers I gave. I did find I lasted longer if I took my time in getting to the tougher questions and got to know the people there. Being a seeker during that period of my life was tough. Rejection, although online is a hard pill to swallow, especially when you want to be a part of that community even with the burning questions inside my mind.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm not sure I know of any chat rooms, but there are several groups here on CM that you may find interesting - from Unorganized Religion, to Free Thinking Religious Moms to Religious Roundtable, or if you really want something that's specifically Christian (the others have other faiths thrown in, too, although they're great for discussing) there are several Christian based ones, like Not a Normal Christian, or Christian Chicks (I think that's their names).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010