Information overload!

We get hit by tsunami after tsunami of information. What have you heard/ seen/ read recently that you really wish you had more emotion to invest in, but you just don't?

***This is NOT a debate! This is not for arguments. This is not saying these things are not important. This is saying we recognize these things as being very important, but today we just don't have it in us to make it a personal mission, so we'll drop it off here.***

I'll kick it off with this: The pedophile book on Amazon.

Airamana

Asked by Airamana at 9:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you. It's way too much at once. How can one person assimilate that much information at one time? I haven't heard of the *cringe*pedophile*cringe* book on Amazon. Typing and saying that word just makes me cringe.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree Tam- That whole Amazon debacle is something I do not need to know about and will avoid. Glad that others have taken up the fight......Sometimes there are topics that each of us do not have the strength to research, fight or engage....too many issues, not enough time.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Whats so hard to understand about that. I don't have information overload. In fact I love having information about anything and everything.
    Information is power.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The church and it's parishioners that were hit by Al Qaeda. It sounds like there are more parts to the story than any one source cares to enumerate. I don't have it in me to see it from all sides. Suffice it to say, my heart breaks that people are still killing other people in the name of religion.
    Airamana

Comment by Airamana (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have a child with autism, and to be honest, I don't have the time or the energy to research every single suspected cause of autism, completely implement a gluten-free, casein-free diet, put him in a special school, limit his screen time, and interact with him face to face every single minute of the day. I also don't have the time and energy to be any sort of autism advocate, or even to research the claims they make. And I feel doubly guilty because autism directly affects my child!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 12:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Tinamatt - I am honored by your honesty. Thank you.
    Airamana

Comment by Airamana (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Me too tina
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree. Every day there is some new cause or issue or bit of information that I hear and find fascinating but I just don't have the time or energy to read up and find out about all of them. There's just too much available and I'm learning to be very selective on what takes up my psychic (sp?) energy these days.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think we are suffering from a generalised version of Sin Fatigue :

" Hearing about the sins of others ceases to be compelling. A condition most commonly experienced by relgious and medical professionals but increasingly in the web-worn general population "

___________Douglas Coupland .

Too much, too often.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• ugh, anything to do with breast cancer. if i see one more pink thing i think i'm going to explode....
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2010