I have ringing in the ears (tinnitus)....

constantly but can pretty much ignore it during the day. At night when I lay down to go to sleep is the worse. I can't sleep with the TV or radio on, so those aren't an option. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Health

• See an audiologist. Often tinnitus happens because of a hearing loss and the brain "invents" the noise that would normally be heard. It can also be a side effect of some medications. I understand there are homeopathic remedies, but I don't know much about them. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I get it too at times.. would be good if we find out .. would love to know too!
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i agree with kjrn79, go see a doctor and maybe he'll order an MRI of you inner ear.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• What is the cause of the ringing? I had ringing at night too & found out that I had high blood pressure causing it. I take medication now & my blood pressure is perfect & no more ringing. If it is caused by loud music then you could try buying a sound machine with "white noise" like wind. Dex baby products makes one that I use in my Sons bedroom. But you should see your Doctor.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Have you contacted your doctor?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, live with anemia and do take supplements to help and my doctor sayd that that can cause it. I don't have high blood pressure. Like right now, my ears are ringing off the hook.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Comment by ShouldHaveLeft (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• have you tried a chiropractor?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'd go to see a Dr
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You have to find the reason for the ringing in your ears first - By going to your doctor. In the mean time you can read this article, maybe it will help... http://ezinearticles.com/?Tinnitus-Medication---Are-There-Medications-For-Tinnitus-and-Do-They-Work?&id=4777737
    meitaljames

Answer by meitaljames at 1:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2010