someone on CM adopted my child for xmas....

well I have not heard anything from them in a while now. She said she was going to send the stuff out over a month ago, then like 4 weeks ago she said she would send them in a week. So 4 weeks ago is the last I have heard from her....I have sent her messages asking how her boys were doing and stuff and have not heard from her. She has been on too, I was so happy my little girl was going to be getting something now I am kinda scared. Would you guys message her asking if everything is still okay or what would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• I wouldn't count on her. Try elsewhere- a church or civic organization.

Answer by Bmat at 9:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, I would message her and ask her if she will come through with what she said she would do, it is pretty cruel to say you are going to do something of this nature and not do it.

Answer by older at 9:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i guess i'd leave it alone. that sucks, though. if something has changed and she's not able to do this for xmas, she should've pm-ed you and explained.
    sorry that has happened. it's probably not too late to get in on your local charity/church/organization 'adoptions'. i'd call around and find out. salvation army angel tree, local churches, kid's organizations..you might even call your chamber of commerce and ask them if there are any organizations that offer this for the holidays. good luck!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Wow that is really crappy. She should at least have the decency to tell you that she can't afford to do it so you can look elsewhere for assistance. But at this point it sounds like she is definitely no longer going to be helping you out. Contact local organizations and go that direction. I don't think the angle trees are out yet, so you can probably get her in that program.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• She lied and is now avoiding you.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yeah, i want someone to adopt me for christmas too..so i don't have to pay for anything..any takers? Really its just another day. The year before last i did volunteer work at a childrens shelter..you would not believe how much those kids got. They would get 10x as much as an average kid would get from all the donations. Christmas is over rated..i don't understand why people feel like it should be about gifts gifts gifts. If you don't have money..you can't buy. I don't have money to buy for my family this year so i'm not buying. I'm buying a few gifts for my son and that is it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't count on her for anything. The last message you send to her should be a link to this question.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• So, let me get this right.....you expected someone on the internet to buy your kids gifts and now she isn't? The internet really isn't a reliable place to do that kind of stuff. I suggest you go to a notable charity if you really need this. They have guidelines for people to go by. I know times are tough, but same here, I'm just not doing a whole lot of Christmas lately. I hope it gets better for you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It sucks that she did this to you but I don't think nagging her will help. maybe she still will but I wouldn't count on it.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have done something like this before. It is a special feeling but that time we were paired up and chatted and found out what each child liked. We had a set limit and it was honest we both sent out our presents. I wish you did not have to go through this. I think sometime we are to trusting. I know that I am. If you want to chat just message me. Smile the best part of Christmas is that you have eachother.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 1:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010