Birth Control Patch? what is your fav birth control ?

I was on the patch back in high school and after baby number 1 .. and I loved it. i dont remember having any side effects.
If you used the patch did you like it? did u have any side effects? Im about to start the patch again .. Its the best birthcontrol i have ever had. which i only used the pills, patch, and Mirena.
I had Mirena after baby num 2 and i hated it. I couldnt lose no weight at all.

BellaDiamond

Asked by BellaDiamond at 9:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Health

• um i had the patch after my first was born, i got pregnant on it. so after my second i got mirena, and now im pregnant with my third. im getting my tubes tied lol
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I got pregnant twice on the pill (my two beautiful boys). I got a paraguard after that for 3 years... until it had to be removed because it was causing problems. Then my daughter came along. Then the depo shot which was the ABSOLUTE WORST! Now using NFP which is wonderful! No hormones, no side effects. I won't ever use hormonal BC again.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I had the patch after my 1st was born and I liked the idea of it but it made me really sick to my stomach and gave me horrible headaches unless I put it on my lower hip in the back so i could only alternate from side to side. I tried the nuva ring after my 2nd and I really did like it. I have mirena now and I like it as well but am having some side effects that i dont like...my skin has been crazy and I get really achy sometimes, nothing major though.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I was on the patch for 3 months after being on the pill for years. I loved the patch until I got a blood clot in my left leg. I had to go thru injections, blood tests, and taking blood thinners for 6 months afterwards, and now I'm told to never take hormones again (menopause should be real fun). It could have killed me.

Ortho Evra has had some class action lawsuits brought against it for not warning patients or doctors there are elevated risks.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I love the IUD...its the best because I am so busy and dont have the time to go to my OB/GYN every 3 months....but I do see him once a year.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I Hate BC. Always made me sick. We use condoms and watching when I ovulate.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010