Ok, I'm going for it....

My milk is almost gone, and I want it back!! I'm loaded up on Fenugreek and mother's milk tea. I know to pump a lot, feed a lot and drink lots of water. Someone else even told me to eat oatmeal. Anything else I need to do? Any other tricks up your ladies sleeves?

amyofthejungle

Asked by amyofthejungle at 8:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put your child to the breast. that is key. your doing good keep doing what your doing. I do thoes same things.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 8:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• yeah i used to eat oatmeal cookies with milk after dinner, and be totally full of milk by early the next morning. you can also get a syringe and put formula in it, get a feeder tube attached to it, and put it in baby's mouth while breastfeeding. that way your LO is eating, and sucking on you at the same time so your body knows you need more. (if you have no idea what i'm talking about, you can see a lactation consultant and she should have one). make sure you also eat well, a healthy breakfast is really good, not only for your day but also to get more milk. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Get a supplemental nursing system by medela, google it and cut out all bottles once you have it, see a LC, google lactation cookie recipes, get some More Milk Plus pill by motherlove.com, drink 60 oz of water daily minimum, and as a last resort get a prescription for Reglan.
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html
    Use that site above too
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I think that it will be enough to increase your milk flow back up to where it was if you just pump.
    knightmoves

Answer by knightmoves at 3:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Skin to skin contact is proven to boost milk producing hormones. I'd suggest a "breastfeeding vacation." Spend a few days in bed, topless, and just let your baby nurse on demand.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 12:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2008