What's the difference?

How is the pedo book everyone is ranting and raving about any different than all the teenagers on this site (both the real mothers and the ones who have fake profiles to troll the site) going around asking and reading all the TMI sex questions? There's one profile that claims to be in her 20's, the profile pic looks 16 tops, and every single question she's asked has been graphic sex questions. Where's the line between that book, and giving any 15 year old with an account advice on how to best get her 20 year old boyfriend off so he won't leave in the Relationship section?

Not defending the book, but there sure seems to be an awful lot of people up in arms about it when they don't even bat an eye at similar "instruction" going on right here on CM.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• True. And you and I don't agree on much! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:08 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Pedofilia in reverse (can't think of a proper term for it) when you help a child to make sexual advances on an adult.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm not aware of the book, I do agree CM is too frivolous with allowing young accounts to stay active without initiating the Ping process to the ISP address. A credit card should be used to verify age with CM membership.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• well the title of the book is just sickening for one.... and atleast if there are 16 year old girls on here asking about sex with a 20 something year old they do try to hide it. Its not like they come out and say "hi, i'm a 16 yr old tramp who sleeps with my 24 yr old pedi boyfriend...what things can i do to keep him wanting me?"..ya know?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm agree with you; I haven't heard of the book though.

I think there should be an age restriction on the Relationships section. Teenagers/Children really don't need all of that information. They have other priorities in their life right now, like their baby! These girls need parenting advice, not sex advice.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Gosh, I didn't really think about that. I don't know what to say about the Amazon thing. I think someone brought up that it was self pub and that says a little about the 'author' and their talent, IMO. But I didn't even think about the same thing happening here. I don't usually go to the relationships section, but I am sure you are right. Very good point.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree, no much difference!

Answer by older at 10:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I totally see what you're saying, but I think it's the audience. There's a chance some wiser women on this site could provide useful advice to those teenagers, think of the other places they could be getting advice! At least most of us here are mothers. I mean at this point, we've all been there. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a teenager section where teens could ask other mothers here for life advice?? Sometimes you are just not comfortable asking your own mother, I know I wasn't. On the other hand, a pedo book is giving advice to other pedophiles...not cool on any level and deeply disturbing.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't pay any attention to the relationships section and I will happily take the OP's word for it. I suppose they would be similiar...both disgusting.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• There is no difference. I heard this morning there is a game that involves stalking and raping a mom and daughter. That's sick and should just not be sold in regular stores or web sites.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2010