Did you know that depending on the state you live in

infidelity can be grounds for a law suit. Yep, you can sue your husband and the slut he's been pounding. It falls under something called, "withholding of affection" and "interference with affection" or something like that. My question is, check it out and let me know what state your in and if it applies in your state?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• And if you want to know if your state is: http://www.trueknowledge.com/q/what_states_is_adultery_illegal
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yep, Fantaisia Moreno's little flings wife is suing her. Infidelity is illeagal. You can also sue for alimony because they ruined the marriage.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I believe its illegal here in WI. At least it was in '89 when my aunt got divorced

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• In the State of Georgia...I dont know about sueing but my sister husband was caught cheating on my sister while she was 8 months pregnant and my sister found out so we went over the girl house and she filed a restrainer order on the both of us....we went to court and the judge threw the case out and told the other woman to STOP SLEEPING AROUND WITH MARRIED MEN...the chick was so stupid she admitted to knowing that he was married. The judges also told her that my sister had a right to contact her because it was concerning her husband. That was 5 years ago...and they are still married.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• How do you check? I'm in Ga and I'ms ure it's illegal because it is Adultery.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Most of the time you don't get anything outta the woman who slept with your husband..It really depends on the circumstances like did she know he was married who knows what the hubby told her she may as big as a victim as you are..I know that sounds ridiculous but it's true my ex sil tried suing my now sil for alienation of affection and got nowhere with it because my now sil never knew he was married and didn't even know his real first name..I think the real revenge on her would be more than likely he will cheat on her too..
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• In my case the town bicycle knew from the minute he met him that he was married. She actually had the nerve to tell me that she didn't care.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Comment by ShouldHaveLeft (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Really this might help my sister out.
    Mjay84

Answer by Mjay84 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• wow... it is so sad that in this day and age marriage doesn't mean what it's supposed to anymore. There are more divorces now, marriages are lasting less than a year, and women and men cheating..it's so horrible.. the sanctity in most marriages is gone! I admire the older generation, the little old man/woman that have been married for 30 plus years, what ever happened to "till death do you part"? sorry not trying to offend anyone, just sad that the world has come to this.
    lilcutiepie2578

Answer by lilcutiepie2578 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010