What to do?

My step dad was going to get sentenced on 10/31/08 for Sexualy assalting me seven years ago. But the judge granted his wish to see another person( shrink) to help with his sentence. So I have to wait until 12-16-08 for him to be sentenced. To day I got a call from my brother wife saying that my mother and step dad said that i had got up and yelled at them in court saying," He needs to get his full sentence." I did not say any thing to them. Due to my mother kissing ther perv. and taking his side on every thing. What should I do? Should i get a no contact order. or what should I do? Please I need wisdom.

MommyTessier

Asked by MommyTessier at 8:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Does ur mother not believe that he assaulted you? You should stick to ur guns, and probably get that no contact order. The less you have to worry about the better, you've been through a lot!
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 8:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• He confessed to her.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 8:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• First of all, I am sorry that happened to you. And I know its a double whammy that ur mom is not on your side. I'm sure you have gone through counseling because of this, and that sucks that he is the one that gets a second chance, be strong, and do what ur heart tells u to do.
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 8:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I just would not be in their presence if I could avoid it.I would have caller ID on my phones and a peek hole on my door..I would not be around them ever..Except in court

Answer by louise2 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If you think you are in danger of him contacting you then by all means get the No Contact Order. Do whatever makes you feel safe.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I would definitely go with the no contact order. It's my opinion, but I don't see how your mother could still be with that man after that!!! that really makes me sick!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You don't need her in your life. They want to pressure you to recant. Don't!

BTW, thanks, one more perv off the street makes a better place for all of us.

Stick to your guns. If they are calling you, it's pretty easy to get a no contact order. Do it. You don't deserve to get a ration of their sh*t on top of everything else.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 9:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Get the no contact order ASAP
    Hey you got some a## off the streets and you are making it safe for the rest of us.
    If you have a lawyer let them know what is happening
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Coming forward took a lot of courage on your part, and I applaud you for doing that. Many victims never gather the courage to do that.

Follow these ladies' advice. Your mother couldn't be more dead to you if she were actually in the ground since she's siding with him. There's no excuse for that. I speak as a fellow survivor. Feel free to pm me if you need to vent.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2008