how many children is too many children?

We want 4. But this 19 kids and counting show raises a lot of questions.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• How ever many you can handle plus one is too many.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• well i def think that 19 kids is faaaar too many. but really, i (and i know its not very optimistic) but i think of worse case scenario, if i end up alone, how many kids can i resonably take care of on my own.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• One more than you can take care of.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't think you have too many kids until you are no longer able to care for all of them. Meaning, when one kid has to lose so that you can give to yet another, you've got too many.
    :)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It all depends on your ability to manage your stress and not feel overwhelmed on a daily basis (every one gets overwhelmed sometimes) For me it is 3 kids. For my mom it was just the one.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• As long as you can handle it, it's not too many. I have 3, that is enough for me!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• depends on the family and how much they can handle. we have three, we know one more would be too much to handle!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I want a lot as well, like maybe 5. My fiance' and i agreed that we will have as many as we can afford. I don't believe that we owe are children their own car. to pay 100% of college but we should be able to provide them enough to of necessities and at least some extras ( a vacation once a year, Christmas/ birthday presents ect)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Depends on the couple. For us, one is the perfect number. For other other people it might be different. We know one is more than enought for us though.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Honestly, one was enough for me, now we are having number 3 and I feel like it's WAY to many! 19, definitely to many! But to each their own...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010