How to get to know someone online.

I have started talking to a guy online, that is a friend of a friend. We haven't said a whole lot.

I will say something, and he will answer me back with one liners, though he always answers me back. How do I get beyond the How do you do's? So far we had a conversation about sarcasm and that's it. How do I get him to actually talk and have a conversation, without just outright asking him out. Because it's too soon to just ask him out. He did tell me to Have a good day today...maybe that's a start.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Ask questions about his life, show interest in what he does for work, does he have kids, does he have brothers and sisters.. how is his relationship with his family, what does he like to do for fun.. ask away ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Share something of yourself
    Mjay84

Answer by Mjay84 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If he has not been so good at answering you back online he may not prefer communicating that way. Maybe it wouldnt be such a bad idea to ask him to go somewhere public. Double date with another couple or something? You could just ask him what he likes to do for fun or what happened during his day. Good luck!
    MarahMama

Answer by MarahMama at 11:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree with BobbieJo- show a little more interest in him and what he is up to. That should help get the conversation going a little.
    joisie1978

Answer by joisie1978 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It's hard to tell the difference in the beginning between someone who is just not a very good conversationalist - or someone who just isn't interested and gives you back just the info you asked for. I agree with the others. Take it up to the next level and see if he wants to go get coffee. Then you can gauge if he's just shy - or he isn't interested in anything more.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010