Why is hair so gross these days? adult content

Everyone thinks body hair is gross. People shave their legs, armpits, genitals, backs, chests... What's the deal? That hair is there for a reason, why is it so gross? I shave my arms and legs, but I have no idea why. And the people that like shaved genitals, isn't that kind of creepy? To me it seems like men who like shaved vaginas must like pre-pubescent girls. I just don't get the whole thing.

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i agree...hair is there for protection...its a natural thing...i am an exceptionally hairy girl and i shave my arms and knuckles and the tops of my feet and toes...along with my legs and armpits...it sucks. i do, however leave my genitals alone...i feel the hair there is important for protection and im all about the natural look : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• im pretty religiouse about shaving my armpits, but i let my legs go for a while, i like the smoothness of them when they are freshly shaven. and as for pubic hair, i shave, not because i think its more attractive, but it feels cleaner to me that way.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I shave all these areas because it is cosmetically more pleasing to my eye.

as for the pubic hair, it is because the hair tends to hold in odor (even when you are clean). It also irritates me. As for why my man likes it shaved or bare, it has nothing to do with pre-pubescence, it is more so that when he goes down there, it doesn't get trapped in his mouth since we all shed hair. I feel the same about why he shaves.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't get it either. I shave my armpits everytime I shower, but only shave my legs when I am going to be wearing shorts or a shorter skirt that day. Nothing else on my body gets shaved, ever.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Porn. I think when I see a guy with tweezed eyebrows with such a high arch it really makes me sick......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I shave arms, legs, and genitals. I like being clean. My dh also would not appreciate a mouth full of hair when going down on me. Nothing to do with where you are trying to take it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yeah, the totally shaved down there thing looks gross to me, like an axe wound or something. I onl shave my legs once a week, it's cold out here!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree. I only shave for the sake of society. I do prefer not to have pubes sticking out of my swimsuit, so I do get waxed, but I don't go bald.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I only shave what needs to be shaved, arms, legs and well that little mustache too...lol I don't do anything down south, unless it's to shave the bikini line. My bf does not like groomed private areas..
    lilcutiepie2578

Answer by lilcutiepie2578 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't like hair under my arms because I feel cleaner with it gone. I like my legs shaved because it looks better to me. As for genitals, I like no hair, NOT because I like pre-pubescent girls and boys!!!, but because it is easier to keep my V-JJ clean with no hair and going down on a pile of hair is not my cup of tea. It gets in your mouth and then you end up kinda choking on it.
    fluffymomma175

Answer by fluffymomma175 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2010