Secrets

My mother keeps demanding I keep secrets from my husband. I tried to explain to her that I will not do that but she just get more mad at me. She also has me keeping secrets from my sister and father. I don't understand her anymore.

Mjay84

Asked by Mjay84 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• What kind of secrets is she suggesting you keep. I mean if it's something like u wet ur bed till u were 15, I would swallow that one. Now if it's that u use to be a man...that is definately a husband needs to know thing.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• um, what kind of secrets?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• oh wow, im with you on this one. no secrets. sounds like she is a "pot stirrer" why is she wanting you to keep secrets, and why is it her buisness for you to keep them from your husband, that just sounds like dangerouse waters to me.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Tell her that if she doesn't want anyone else to know then not to tell you because you feel it is wrong to keep secrets from your husband. That is not how a marriage should work. You would get upset if you found out your husband was keeping things from you. But if its a relatively small thing then there is no harm to just forget about it and not say anything but something big that would effect him needs to be told. As for you sister and father idk. If my mom doesn't want them to know something that she tells me then i don't say anything. But if its going to effect them then I urge her to tell them herself and she usually does at her own time.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• moms in generals wants to protect her kids , dont you CM moms ? you better go slowly and know why she's aking you this ? probably she's awrning u but couldn't tell u why ?
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• easy solution....

keep secrets from her!
    she does not need to know your relationship business
    if she likes secrets so mch, then keep secrests from her
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• She doesn't want my hubby to know that my father told me do divorce him for no reason except that my husband is Latin. Kinda hard when My husband saw my crying. She doesn't my my sister know also in case my father finds out my mom knows. She doesn't want my husband to know what our atterny is saying what it involves him. ( We are trying to get my husband his green card, that's what the atterny is for) That's a little bit, there are lots of other things. She has been getting involved in things she doesn't need to be. She ruined the maids night for my sisters wedding by telling half the bridal party not to go to my sister house. I found out and i don't want to hurt my sister with it. I don't know whats going on with her.
    Mjay84

Comment by Mjay84 (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Ask her not to tell you the secrets any more.. tell her if you love me mom you wouldnt ask me to keep info from my loved ones if it is burdening you i dont want to share your agony. My mom kinda did the same thing but not to this extent i couldnt handle it any more told my husband everything i kept from him and apoligized my mom said she was just looking out for me but it was tearing me up inside i told her that and then she understood i am just not one for "keeping secrets" she should stop if you ask her out of love for you.After i told my mom she never said dont tell your husband.. secrets from him could end up putting a wedge between you two and ending the relationship..
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't think I would tell your husband what your dad said about divorcing him for. That could ruin their relationship for in the future. It would make things awkward and your dad may change his mind. I really didn't get the rest of it.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Why would you tell your husband something your dad said that could hurt their relationship? Don't you want them close? Other than that, don't listen to your mom. Tell your hubby whatever you want. He's supposed to be your best buddy and you should be able to talk about your life with him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2010