9 month old and 22 month old, not much i can do for runny noses is there?

im a bad mommy, ive been sick with a horrible sinus infection and couldnt afford to get antibiotics, so thus i passed my illness onto my poor little babies! im still sick too, but nearing the end of this nasty infection.

this morning, both of my little ones woke up with horribly runny noses. so far it's clear, no sign of infection yet, although the 22 month old did have a low-grade fever last night, no sign of it today. anyways, ive heard runny noses are always better than stuffy noses. but im constantly having to chase them down and wipe the goo off their faces. is there any remedies i can give them to help dry some of this stuff up? and im super cautious of my 22 month old, she is one step away from being diagnosed with asthma! last night i checked her breathing while she was sleeping like 8 times, so worried about her getting worse! :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• you want the snot to come out otherwise it tends to settle in the chest which is really bad. other than that lots of fluids water and powerade, and benedryl before bed to ensure a good nights sleep and it also drys up the mucous. bag balm for the nose so it doesnt get to raw.
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Use those nose sucker things, lol
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010