I am wanting another baby, but my family doesnt agree

I have 3 amazing boys, that are the loves of my life. My youngest is 4, and at that time I had my tubes done. Now I am wanting another baby, and my husband agrees. We want another child. We are hoping to have a girl this time around, but either way we hope it will just be healthy. We talked to a few dr, and they told us that a tubal reversal will be ideal for us. BUT my family is against it. And they are very mad at me for even thinking of bringing another baby into the world. They say i should just be happy witht the kids I have and not be selfish. They do not like my husband at all. well the feeling is mutual. So i am wondering if their dislike for him is playing into their feelings about us having another baby. I dont want my family dissappointed in me even more, but what do I do for my yearn for another child. My oldest is 9 and he has been begging for another sibling. But i dont know what to do...help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You and your husband want another, why does it matter what your family thinks?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Your extended family should not have a say on this period.

Answer by older at 10:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• its yours and your husbands decision only. if you teo want another baby then i say go for it. your family might not like the idea now, but as soon as they see the baby they will forget all about it and be in love.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I can tell you are still young because you worry about what they think....and I bet they know they can work you with pressure. I bet they will do the tough love thang even if you get your girl...but so what!

If you have a child waiting to be born through you, you best go for it. Hard times get better, husbands improve with age and tender care, and extended family can join your love feast or not.

This is your legacy and your time on this earth.....be great!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm in the same boat. I have one child and a step child that I haven't met yet but my family does not like my hubby. If they are not supporting then it is up to you. This is your family and your choice. It hurts to think how it will effect your relationship with everyone else but you have to do what you want or its not your life anymore. You do what is right for you.
    Mjay84

Answer by Mjay84 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Why does it matter what anyone thinks? You are gonna do what you want anyway.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• A note on wanting a girl....a girl in the family of boys is something to desire. Your boys will grow up and marry and raise your grand babies in the wife's family style....your daughter will grow up and marry and raise your grand babies like you have raised her....

I had to have a girl...and adopted to get one...and then adopted again....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Its a personal matter between you and your husband.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It is only you and your husband choice. You are the ones who are going to be paying for the the baby living with them and loving them day in and day out not your family. So pay your family no mind. no that said your family will indeed fall in love with the baby the second the see it anyway. but you should always do what make you happy or will resent your family
    Mom3Elizabeth

Answer by Mom3Elizabeth at 11:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It should be about what you want, your family should understand you. Go for it while you still can. good luck and i hope they understand someday.
    Alycyaz

Answer by Alycyaz at 11:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010