Does anyone know where the best public schools are located? I always hear about the worst, but I haven't heard of the best? Any websites out there you all know about? Thanks.

I have my kids at the best public school in our area, but it's overcrowded and there is no PE or playground equipment. I'm told it's a lawsuit issue. I have friends with kids in private school, but they have issues too. What's a parent to do?

kwq111

Asked by kwq111 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I live in Hanover County, Virginia. Our schools are awesome. Personally, I think homeschooling or private schooling would be ideal for anyone who can afford it mentally or financially, but neither are an option for us. DH and I both faired fine in our public school system.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:51 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• The best school is right in your home.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• every area has awesome ond sucky schools and private is no gaurentee. I would try to talk to the parents in diff. areas and see how they feel about their school and then go and check it out. I wish that instead of pushing vouchers politicians would push true free choice where we could go to any public school we wanted even if outside our home area.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• http://www.dcsdk12.org/portal/page/portal/DCSD
    Colorado
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:45 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Homeschool
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2008