Who has given birth by hypnobirthing?

We are doing the Mongan method and I wanted to hear success stories of hypnobirthing :) since we are getting close to delivery!

KariOsburn

Asked by KariOsburn at 10:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i havnt but am very curiouse about it. i would love a repost after your baby is born to let us know your experience.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Will do! This being my first child I'm not sure what to expect!
    KariOsburn

Comment by KariOsburn (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My mom was hypnotised before giving birth to my brother and myself. I'm not sure what the Mongan method is, but I am 32 and my bro 31....a friend of the family did it for her, for the pain and such. She had completely "natural" birth, as far as natural in a hospital 30 some years ago went.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• HypnoBirthing┬« - The Mongan Method - is a unique method of relaxed, natural childbirth education, enhanced by self-hypnosis techniques. HypnoBirthing┬« provides the missing link that allows women to use their natural instincts to bring about a safer, easier, more comfortable birthing. Emphasis is placed on pregnancy and childbirth, as well as on pre-birth parenting and the consciousness of the pre-born baby.
    KariOsburn

Comment by KariOsburn (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The births I've attended where the moms have used hypnosis have been very smooth, in general, and everyone I've talked to that's used it has raved about it. I plan to use hypnosis next time I give birth. It helps reduce the chances you'll use medications (a doula can help with that as well), it reduces tearing, as it discourages pushing (which I know a lot of midwives feel weird about, in my experience), and it can really help you stay focused. I say do it! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• That's great to hear! I'm hoping I'll be in that statistic as well!! Unfortunately due to the baby boom here I wasn't able to get a doula but my husband is my birth partner and hopefully my birthing instructor will be there.
    KariOsburn

Comment by KariOsburn (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010