Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Do you need a business license if you sell ad space on your blog?

So I've kinda went into this backwards. Excited by my idea I started blogging right away. I am now attempting to sell ad space on my blog and I'm getting ready to really push the word about it both online and via mail. So I need to back track and cover myself legally. Does anyone know do you need a business license when you sell ad space on your blog yes or no?

Answer Question

Asked by j45505 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 6 (140 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Well doing a search on google for ya, I think most likely yes, I found one article that says in Philly bloggers need a $300 business license. Most business licenses don't cost that much, but it may depend where you live. Mine was $30, so it wouldn't hurt to get it, but once you do, just remember to pay the tax man!

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

  • Thanks for the info - I haven't monetized my blog yet.

    Answer by tasches at 6:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.