OMG!! So we have this neighbor and every year at xmas....

Do you have an annoying neighbor who over does the xmas decor outside their home?? We have a neighbor accross the street who I don't think there is one spot that isn't covered in lights on the whole property with xmas music blaring until late at nite..We live in a country town and the police are 12 miles away..anyways his damned lights are so bright they shine in through our windows luminating my whole house to me this is really taking xmas overboard what do you think?

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• No, but in my old neighborhood people would blare their radio so loud from THREE roads down that it literally shook my couch!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have to disagree with the lights part. I love x-mas lights. The more the better, but then I again, I don't live right by someone that over does it. I think the music part would get annoying. Have you asked them nicely to turn it down? Reminds me of my neighbor who would mow his lawn after 8 at night when I had a baby sleeping. Have to say I love the lights though! Sorry.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Our neighbor that we share the end of the cul-de-sac has turned out to be "that" neighbor. He currently has his house drenched in blue lights, huge stocking nailed to his trees, and a variety of other adornments across his yard. I guess he's not as bad as the guy down the street who puts up a candycane walkway fully lit up and a giant Santa in his yard. Personally I love all the Christmas spirit even though it's a bit of an eye sore.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I love people like that! And yes, I have lived next to people like that and yes it sucks when traffic starts to build up on your street (mine did at least) but I still enjoyed it.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My old neighbor did that. But he would turn everything off at 9 pm. I rather enjoyed it.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:08 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i love people that have huge obnoxiouse christmas decore. it reminds me of national lampoons christmas vacation.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I love all the lights at Christmas, so sounds like something I might like!! Who knows though, if it were right in my face everyday it might make me a little crazy!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I hear you. I love christmas deco, but until xmas day, I work early and need sleep. I would go nuts with bright colorful lights shining in my window. He should at least turn them off at a decent hour...
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 11:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• They still do that? Wow, I though the tough economy took care of that, but I guess tacky does not know about that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i have to say i love the xmas decor, but as for your neighbors blaring the music maybe you can get them to turn it off at a respecatalbe hour?
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2010