Need some motivation

I have so been struggling with not feeling caught up with things, and am starting to wonder if I'm starting to get depressed. I feel like I never have energy to get housework done, and if I do tackle something, the cleanness only lasts for a few hours. I am never caught up with laundry, I always feel guilty that I should be "more" of everything for everyone. I think I am totally lacking motivation to do anything, because I never see things done! How do other moms deal with these thoughts, or does nobody else have them?! I love being a mom, and a wife, but there is so much to do:) I am ok not getting "me" time, but I think I need some just to feel like a human again!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm right there with you
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• First, DO NOT FEEL GUILTY! It's a tough job.

Second, Don't feel back about asking for help! DH Should be thrilled to help you, if he knows how stressful it's getting. You need "Mommy Minutes" to feel sane, don't feel bad about taking them.

Third, You can only do what you can do. Do the things that bug you most, but don't run yourself ragged trying to clean the walls and behind every picture frame. Some things can DEFINITELY wait until tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the weekend. Ya know?

Take a deep breathe, you can do this!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 11:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Wow that is exactly how i have been feeling. It actually caused me to have a little bit of an emotional break down. And then yesterday a wise women told me..HEY CHILL OUT YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB A WONDERFUL MOTHER EXCELLENT WIFE DIRT AND MESSES ARE NATURAL EVERYONE HAS THEM. WE ONLY HAVE TODAY MAKE IT THE BEST YOU CAN, BECAUSE THE MORE YOU LET ALL THIS BRING YOU DOWN THE MORE YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS BEING A MOMMY AND A WIFE REALLY ARE. SO TAKE IT ONE STEP AT A TIME. DO WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY, TO GET IT DONE. AND THEN REALIZE JUST BECAUSE THE LAUNDRY IS NOT DONE OR CAUGHT UP ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. HOPE IT HELPS AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT. I AM POSITIVE YOU ARE A GREAT MOM AND WIFE BECAUSE IF YOU WERENT YOU WOULDNT FEEL OVERWHELMED YOU WOULDNT CARE. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. START MAKING A SCHEDULE WHERE YOU DO CERTAIN THINGS CERTAIN DAYS AND DEDICATE THE WHOLE DAY TO THAT THING..
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• What you need to do is plan a night with your girls, tell your husband you need the time, he should understand, but let loose and do something you've been missing or just go to somone you love (mom, friend, sibilings) house and watch movies and eat popcorn, just make sure you spend time with somone that makes you laugh. When i was in a funk, the best BEST way to get out of it is to laugh, loosen up and be silly!
    Becca-Jo

Answer by Becca-Jo at 11:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• When i feel like that I just take a dayy off. I don't clean, no laundry, no dishes. I help make the mess, play with my kids, or go shopping, anything but clean. It will all be there tomorrow and that lazy day is a great mental health day!
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010