How do you figure out what kind of rash my child has? adult content

She has several red zit looking bumps, some are bigger than others but they don't seem to hurt her. They are mainly on her butt area but about 2 weeks ago did move to the front. I have since got the front cleared up.

For over a month now I have been fighting this sort of rash in her diaper area. It is not a regular diaper rash, and I do not think it is a yeast diaper rash (which she is VERY prone to). I have been treating it with butt paste and Nystenin (spelled wrong) cream. I also have been giving her the liquid form of Nystenin that the dr. proscribed thinking maybe it was an infection inside. I went back to the old diapers we were using (I couldn't remember if rash started before or after switch). I also have stopped giving her any form of juice, which she is very upset with me over might I add. She also runs around with no diaper on for at least a half hour every night after her bath.

Any thoughts???

devilgirllilman

Asked by devilgirllilman at 11:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like it could be a yeast infection.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My doctors told me my daughter had a heat rash. See if you notice that it gets better when the butt has some time to be out of the diaper. Although, my daughter is well out of diapers, she still has the red bumps.
    One_Smart_Mama

Answer by One_Smart_Mama at 11:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Take her back to the doctor and ask! It could be something as simple as eczema, or something more serious. Take her in and get her tested! It may be nothing, but way take the chance?
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 11:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The daycare just informed me that her teacher was using another childs wipes (b/c they were closer for her) so maybe she is allergic to the other wipes. I will give it till tomorrow with her wipes being used at daycare and if it doesn't start to clear up by morning I will call the dr. back. She does have a little bit of eczema on the top part of her belly so maybe that could be part of her bottom problem??? Thanks for the advise! I've never had to deal with anything like this with my son.
    devilgirllilman

Comment by devilgirllilman (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Have you had her tested for a staph infection? Staph can look like little pimples
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• we have been battleing a rash for over 2 months now and have went threw presribiton creams,one cream cost 100 dollars and none worked..we tried old fashion BAG BALM..works wounders!
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2010