does it bother you when your hubby discludes you from happenings with his family?

okay, ill be the first to admit i do not get along with my mother in law, and i have harsh feelings toward my sister in law for her parenting choices with my neice. but family is still family and i found out today on facebook that my sister in law is in the hospital for tearing the lining of her lungs or something. hubby made no mention of this to me. he also is not fond of her right now either for a poor choice she made regarding our niece, but i know his mom told him and i dont understand why he wouldnt tell me these things. i dont plan to bring it up but i wonder idly why he feels its not important to me to know. does your hubby do this to you or am i alone here?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband does this too, and it is not intentional. He really does just forget about that kind of stuff. I know at one point he couldn't remember how many kids one of his sister's had (he probably still doesn't know). Fortunately I'm on good terms with his family though, so they call me if they think I need to know something. They also call me if they want to let us know about any family get togethers because they know my husband will not remember to tell me and won't remember to go unless I remind him.

In your case I would mention to your husband that you don't like feeling left out of the loop, but it could be that it's not intentional. If you're on good terms wioth someone in his family you could also ask them to be sure and let you know about important things. GL!!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My husband does this, but it is not intentional at all. He really just forgets. I don't know how it slips someone's mind about a birth even if it is his cousin's baby! But my hubby's main focus is us. And if you are not in our bubble, everything to him is forgettable. Good luck to you. Maybe it just slipped your hubby's mind, too. Maybe just reminding your hubby that just because you aren't on the best of terms, doesn't mean you want to be kept out of the loop on happenings in his family.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am sorry you are going through this.. with my husbands family they all love me.. I only get chewed out when I call them "in-laws" lol they love me and I never get discluded.. we are pretty lucky about that.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 11:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am sorry hun but It seems like you are very much and outsider when it comes to his family . I would not tolerate that If he excudes you from family then how commited is he ? kwim
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• oh and this isnt the first time he has left me out of stuff going on within his family, just the most recent example.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well first of all if you tell him how you feel about his family he may agree but also secretly take it kind of personally. My husband did for a while he agrees but then i realized he wishes he could change the way they are but cant do anything about it , so to always tell him how messed up they are he feels really bad because he loves them so much and wants the best for them but cant change them. just remember you didnt marry them thank God you married him. And if you let them know they are bothering you, you give them that satisfaction of getting under your skin. He probably didnt tell you because of you feelings for his sister and maybe didnt want you to say something mean about it. Keep your head up just try talking to him a realtionship were you can talk about anything is definatly the best kind.
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My Dh doesn't do that.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010