Anyone else putting up christmas decorations yet?

I figure if i do it now i can relax and just enjoy getting all my shopping candy making christmas parties and wrapping done. i enjoy my decorations and it takes me about 5 days to get it all up and it is just to much work to only have them up for a few weeks.

hollieshobbie

Asked by hollieshobbie at 11:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was thinking about putting them up soon. I have some of them pulled out of storage. but my 2 yr old and I have already started watching Christmas movies
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Nope. I will be putting them up on Black Friday =) Although, I have Christmas rugs that have been out since last Christmas and a few hand towels as well =0) We LOVE Christmas, so I didn't feel like putting everything away =)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I haven't even taken down my Halloween decorations yet LOL
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Nope. I never put up any Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving.

Partly because I usually host a bunch of family for Thanksgiving, so I like to have things decorated for the occasion; but also because it kinda annoys me to see winter decorations before autumn is done. It reminds me of the stores that start trying to sell me Christmas stuff before Halloween.

Though winter doesn't actually begin until late December, I like to wait until Thanksgiving is done before I start the winter holidays' stuff (Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Rudolph...whatever). The day after Thanksgiving, half my neighborhood is out putting up decorations. It's fun. :-)

P.S. Not to criticize, I have a good friend who has zillions of Christmas trinkets, and fills every room in her house Nov - Feb.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010