I can't bring my self to do anything.

There is a pile of Dishes in my sink that NEEDS to be washed. I just can't bring my self to do them. The whole house wife thing is so difficult for me. I love to work. but I can't right now. I'm almost 9 months prego and I have a step daughter that I have to stay home and watch. We only have one vehicle so yeah, Me getting a job is off the table.

How do you super moms do it? I Just don't like this whole house wife thing. It's not for me. Can I change it? Can I make it to where It is for me?

=/ ???

JavaMom2010

Asked by JavaMom2010 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't focus on the bad focus on the good. I am sure there are at least a couple things you enjoy about staying home??? I personally love to staying home with my kids. I can't imagine someone getting to spend all day with them while I was off doing something else. Maybe you'll feel different once your baby gets here =) as far as the house work, I make it a game I clean while my baby is napping (from about 1-3) I put her down for a nap and turn a movie on for my son and I see how much housework I can get done while they are but occupied. What ever gets done is great and what ever is left waits til tomorrow! When I make dinner I let my 3 year old help...he kloves putting things in pots and mixing (cold) ingredients together, it's fun for him and he is learning too. Last night he counted for me in halves from 1 cup to 3.5 cups!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I was in the same boat as you I had a newborn and was a sahm and hated it...i am a working women..but also while i was pregnant i never wanted to get out of bed lol so its understandable for you to feel like this right now....if you still feel this way after the baby then look for a job...staying home with your baby is priceless...i stayed home till my son was 5 and went to school and i wouldnt trade it for the world
    meagan517

Answer by meagan517 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• well i understand the whole "house-wife" thing, but that would definitly not be for me! I need to have my own life, and do something for me. But i guess the best advice i can give you is if your feeling un-motivated, find a goal or a hobbie that YOU love to do! I think everyone needs a goal or challenge to move twards. If your life is too easy, change it up and do something thats challenging. I used to make decorative pillows, or draw, and my mom makes really intricate greeting cards...just find something for you and do it!
    Becca-Jo

Answer by Becca-Jo at 12:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• oh i feel for you. when i was preggo with baby #1 we bought a house, moved 45 mins away from family and friends. i was ok when working then i had baby a month early. stuck in the winter with no car, and a newborn. it was a rough year. once i had the baqby i did dishes and stuff early...put on some music and see where it takes you to get it done.some people are not for being a housewife. i was lonely at first but when my son was a year old we found a moms club in my area...maybe you can do it once baby is born. it saved my sanity and i look back and miss all the friends and places we saw then. sounds like you need a friend who understands. any preggo ladies in the neighborhood- go friend them. it would make it less awful. GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010