dh and i wanna have anyother baby...

but my dad does not approve. he says if we have another baby he is goin to b very dissapointed in me. i hate how this makes me feel. : (

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Your married. It's up to you how many children you have. Though if you are having trouble supporting the one you have then I can see why your father would be disappointed in you.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am so sorry. What a tough position to be put in! I would say do what feels best for you and your family. If you and your husband agree that you want one more in your family, why not?! Your dad will come to terms with it. Maybe you and your hubby could sit down with your dad and let him know your decision whether he likes it or not because it is a decision you are making for your family, not his family. Good luck to you.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Disapointed isnt the same as disowning just so you know. He is your dad not your lover. unless he is paying for them he really should have no say. make sure you let him know that you are disappointed in the way he diapproves of your life decisions. Tell him if he loved you he would want you to be happy.
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Your father has no say on how many kids you can have.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• umm, don't take this the wrong way, but how old are you? are you financially stable? As I got older I realized that my parents had my best interests at hear (I know shocker, right) so maybe examine why he says he would feel this way and if he has some valid concerns, GL
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Not dad's business.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my hubby and i have two little girls right now (5 and 3), and we have talked about having another in about 2 years. we both want a boy but, if the next one isnt a boy, there wont be a fourth. anyway, i have certain family members who say that 2 is enough and we shouldnt have anymore, but me and hubby take care of our kids, and provide everything for them. other people buy them stuff, but that is their choice, not because we cant afford to. in the end i know that the decision is between me and hubby and no one else. the same applies to you. you know what your family needs and what you can handle, no one can make the decision but you and hubby.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• well that is sort of harsh and not very nice. It should be your guys' decision when to have another or more child(ren). I could understand if he were "concerned" with you having more if there were major complications with first or you were maybe having some bad financial troubles or if you were doing it just to try to fix a relationship issue... but saying he is "disappointed in you" is just wrong and mean. that was handled poorly. Maybe you should sit with him or call him and ask him why he thinks you guys are not ready. and let him know that you want one and that you think your ready. It should only be your guys' decision.
    mrs.miner

Answer by mrs.miner at 11:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010