Always Pads? adult content

OK, so I got a couple freebies from PG brandsaver (I get samples from them every couple of months) and after my Pap yesterday I was spotting so I used one of them. I forgot why I don't use Always. UGH!
I have a reaction to one of the ingredients, and it gives me a HORRIBLE rash- kind of like a severe blistery diaper rash in the shape of a maxi pad!!!! OMFG!!!

What would you use on it? It hurts!!! This isn't the first time Always has given me a rash, I had just forgotten why I didn't use them. Fuck. Any suggestions? This hurts :(

Oh, and to top it all off, Aunt Flo showed up this morning... could my day get any worse?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 11:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Health

• Maybe some A&D Creme (not the white kind)? I have no idea.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• call your gyn
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I've already spoken with them about it in the past, its basically a chemical burn. The only suggestion that they have had is to use a diaper cream, but it doesn't work!
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• you could try some Desitin or other diaper rash cream...or maybe some triple anibiotic cream bu if you do that i would alternate between keeping something on it and also keeping it dry and letting it air out sometimes...sounds terrible!! im sorry!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yogurt to soothe.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Maybe diaper rash cream? That sucks!
    CaptainCookie.

Answer by CaptainCookie. at 12:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have that reaction to always. I used Kotex back when I had periods. I would use diaper rash cream.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• That's why I quit using disposables as well... Look to cloth! But to help the "rash" coconut oil or Shea butter... I would stay away from Zinc Cream cause that can also cause similar "rash" or burns...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• a & d ointment
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I use cocoa butter religiously, it's just about the only moisturizer I use. That seemed to help a bit, I guess I just need a moisture barrier... Glad to know I am not the only one who has a problem with this- I almost never use pads, and when I do I generally buy Kotex because they don't bother me... @ Sabrina- I have looked at them, but I so rarely use them that it doesn't make sense. The only reason I did this time was because I had a pap, was spotting, and didn't want to use a tampon. KWIM?
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010