pregnancy tests are cheap;took 1mon. came out negative.. still havent started period.

im abt just over a week late for my period..should i take another one today tommorow?or would u wait til like another week.. then take another one...bc those tests are like 10 bucks each

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• SORRY ARE NOT CHEAP
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• depending on where you get it you can find them cheaper than $10 also the store brands work just as good as the name brands. I would take another one if your already a week late. Are you having any other symptoms?
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 12:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• a few thoughts come to mind: 1) wait another week, it's still early. 2) are you stressed out? that can affect ur period. 3) are you exercising or dieting? that also affects ur period. 4) are you trying to get pregnant?
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It could be that you are late in ovulating. I would wait another 5-7 days and take another one.

I have had cycles where I would go 70 days without a period because I didn't ovulate.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• IM NT trying to get pregnant.... im actuallly onthe pill.. and i ran out of sugar pill s.. waiting for my period.. so im wanting to be very sure im not pregant before i start taking them again... i have been walking alot..... but if iam pregnant i will be welcome the baby i had misscarrige in jan.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You can probably find pregnancy tests at the dollar store. I would use those, and then if one of those comes up positive, then use the good one to confirm.
    How long have you been out of pills? Have you had sex since you ran out? If not, then I think you're safe to take them. If you are on the placebo week (sugar pills) and you haven't had a cycle, it's okay to continue the pills. But I would take a cheap test just in case, or you can go to the doc and have them do a blood test.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i just had an idea... im going to call planned parenthood where i get my birth control.. and see if they can do a blood test for free.. then if its negative.. resume the pill..
    thank u ladies for the advice!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010