Has anyone bought there kids a netbook?

what did you think? did they love it? do they still like it? I really want to get my boys one I just don't want to waste the money if they aren't worht it. HELP!!

MrsG423

Asked by MrsG423 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope, I don't personally see the need for kids to have their own computers
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• how old are your kids?
    MrsG423

Comment by MrsG423 (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My sisters (16 and 18) got one for Christmas last year. They love them and took them to college with them this past Fall. They liked having something to do all their homework on and not have to worry about anyone deleting it. IT also came with Skype so we can talk to them while they are away at school. It's like a mini laptop, I also enjoyed using it when visiting them. It was so much nicer than a desktop. My younger sister (8 & 10) really wanted one too!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Thanks! A couple more positive answers like that and I'm sold on it!
    MrsG423

Comment by MrsG423 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My husband's a computer programmer, so we have all kinds of computers including a netbook. My daughter enjoyed the netbook before she had a laptop. If your kids are tweens it might be a good investment, but at some point a laptop will probably be more useful.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010