can someone please help on this question...?

ok, so my last period was october 21st....I had sex with no protection (all the above) If you know what I mean....on the 29th of October. When could I take a pregnancy test? Would I even be ovulating at that time? I just need some advise....Thank you so much!

sassycassie210

Asked by sassycassie210 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• not necessarily. you ovulate around 12-14 days after your period. that was only 8 days later. it is way too soon to take a pregnancy test right now anyway. you're technically not due for another 10 days for your period. wait till you miss your period (if you do) and then take a test about a week or two after that due date.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Typically a woman doesn't ovulate until 14 days after the start of her period, sperm have a lifespan of about 5 days. So it seems unlikely.
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• They say you ovulate right after your period but i am not positive but what i am sure of that a pregnancy test can not tell you are pregnant until 5 weeks after conception. but when i was trying to concieve i still took one like once a week until i got the positive test.
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well, a woman with a 28 day cycle ovulates 14 days after the first day of her last period, but if your periods aren't that regular (as they're not for many women, it could be any time. If your period doesn't come by the end of the month, take a test.
    Have you thought about your birth control options to keep this from happening in the future? Or are your TTC?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Depending on the cycle the general rule is you ovulate in the middle of your cycle. so the above answers are almost correct.

However, if you have a long cycle (mine is 32 days), you actually ovulate 12-16 days BEFORE the start of the next period.

Only about 25% of women have a true 28 day cycle which would make ovulation as the PP's have stated.

Given what you have posted, chances are, you have NOT ovulated yet.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• ok...i dont know my body that well.....i usually start around the 21st of the month. My period lasts about 5 days long...
    sassycassie210

Comment by sassycassie210 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Do any of you women start around the 21st of the month?
    sassycassie210

Comment by sassycassie210 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• does spotting after your period, mean your not done with it or not off of it yet?
    sassycassie210

Comment by sassycassie210 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I count spotting as part of my period, but the first day is the one that really counts.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my cycle was every 26 days and I would ovulate on day 8 so each woman is different .... You can try to track your cycle online
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 1:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010