Chili

It's that time of year again. How do you make your chili?

I make mine in the crock pot. I use:

1 lb of browned hamburger or turkey
1 quart of mild salsa
1 pint of medium salsa
2 large cans of Hunts diced tomatoes

I have to make it without beans and my salsa is garden salsa so anything that is from the garden is in my salsa.

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 12:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• not in a crockpot, but browned hamburger cooked with a whole white onion, 2 small cans chili beans, 2 cans tomato sauce, a little water, chili powder, garlic powder...i have to make it mild for my dh and kids but i add 2 jalapenos chopped up in mine
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I cook mine in the crockpot and I use- stew meat, a jar of salsa, canned diced tomatoes, canned chili beans, seasoning, and sometimes to stretch the chili I will add a pkg of Uncle Bens Spanish Rice, or add left-over chicken or turkey meat.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I make a few different chilis... regular chili, ground beef, red and green peppers, onions, garlic, red and dark red kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, and of course all the seasonings....also a veggie chili, which is great for my diet, basically the same as regular minus the beef, add more veggies...and my latest find, white chicken chili, so good! Chicken, white beans, onions, garlic, etc. Delicious!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Stagg's... my 'secret' recipe.. shhhh...
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010