What family traditions do you have for Christmas Eve and Christmas?

JJsMoMMy519

Asked by JJsMoMMy519 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• OH we have a ton! We read "The Christmas Cup of Tea", we read the Bible in Luke by a kerosene lamp, we do snapdragons, we listen to Dicken on the phonograph (yes... old phonograph that you wind up..lol) I could go on and on...
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We eat a large fish dinner on Christmas Eve and read Holiday Stories. Christmas we get together with family for a large supper and sing to Baby Jesus. I hope to start some new traditions too!
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We have my family over for Xmas Eve. We eat lasagna and open presents with them. On Xmas morning, we have a family day, just the four of us. The kids open their presents from us, and then we go to Red Rock Resort to eat.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• kids open one gift christmas eve when we are able to have christmas
    mylife04

Answer by mylife04 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Nothing special. We open gifts on christmas eve from family, leave out milk and cookies for santa. Send the kids to bed early and then when asleep we do our magic work. Then christmas morning gifts from santa while watching disney pardade and then eating our big meal in the afternoon and just snack the rest of the evening. But we always before the holiday we do drive around to look at christmas lights.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• This yr has changed a bit bc my MIL can not travel much any longer so we are going to her on Christmas Eve...
    But usually on Christmas Eve will turn on Norad and track Santa, set out cookies, milk and reindeer food... (when my little
    man believed in Santa... )
    And we leave all of the lights on all night, trees, in and outdoors....
    Christmas we stay home... open gifts, stay in pj's all day or try too...and have an nontraditional dinner last yr was homemade
    pizza, we ea made one to our taste (there is 3 of us), this yr we are grilling steaks and potato's ... I always have munchie trays
    and we watch Christmas movies and listen to music and have a fun day... oh yes and the day long phone calls of wishing everyone
    a Merry Christmas...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• we dchrisstmas breakfast @ house house. my parents & my husbands prents & grandparents come to our house for breakfast. then about 1 or 2 pm we go to my husbands parents & do gifts there.my parents bring the gifts to our house on christmas morning,
    coolmom138

Answer by coolmom138 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010