Did you dye your hair while pregnant?

I am just now into the 2nd trimester, so it's "technically" safe according to what I've read, but it still makes me nervous, so I probably won't.

JJsMoMMy519

Asked by JJsMoMMy519 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• yes, i did twice while pregnant with my third. i have lots of gray hair and have to dye it every 2-3 months =( anyway its okay as long as you're in a very well-ventilated area. if your bathroom has windows, open them up and turn on the vent fan if you have one. you can even have somebody do it for you outside.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No because I can not stand the smell and makes me sick to my tumy.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I did not cause my doctor told me not to so in my pictures of when I had my son I look even more like crap but I look back now and laugh.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I got highlights. They don't sit on your scalp the way dye does, so they're "safer." Make sure you're in a well-ventilated area, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I dyed my hair once, but I waited until my second trimester. I used a box dye from the store. And I made sure the room was well ventilated. I had really bad roots grown out from highlights and I wanted my hair to be one color. My three year old is perfectly fine. :)
    FLAngel981

Answer by FLAngel981 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i just dyed my hair recently (in my 3rd trimester) but we got the color from Sally's Beauty Supply and used foils. It's like you're highlighting, but you're just using the color for all-over.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i never did only because i felt i look like crap and so dying my hair wasnt going to do a thing for me haha. i would of though. the only thing that i remember that was said about that was that the dye can get into your blood stream or something and harm the baby but i dont know how much of it is true. that was only from a teacher in high school.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yeah my doctor told me that YEAH it soaks into your skin but the ammount that goes into your body is not enough to effect your baby or you. i dyed my hair during my second and third trimesters
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I did starting in my 2nd trimester.

Think of how many hair stylists have perfectly healthy kids!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010