Bowling while pregnant?

25 weeks pregnant should I call doctor and ask him or is bowling okay as long as I'm not really rough? Did you bowl during pregnancy? Did you have any problems afterwards?

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did it all the way till 8.5 months.. You have to be careful though. I never had a complication, just bad back labor which is normal for someone who having a 9 lb baby lol. Its a great work out too, helps strengthen your muscles in your belly ect. my doctor said it wasnt a problem ;)
    PjsMommy06

Answer by PjsMommy06 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My mom always brags about having her best ever bowling game the night before I was born (she was overdue though, and not 25 weeks).
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• how rough can bowling be :P You are fine
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• LOL!

It's not like bowling is a contact sport! I think the biggest concern would be falling down (but that applies to getting out of the shower too).
    I am pretty sure you're safe.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i bowled while pregnant with my second, i was passed 25 weeks and HUGE. i didnt bowl for long mostly because i felt like i had swallowed 3 bowling balls and just had to sit down all the time, i was miserable 2nd and 3rd trimesters with her! but i think you should be fine, if you start feeling uncomfortable just take a seat =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Why not? It's low impact exercise. Just watch your balance or I can show you my signature move, the squat and push! HAHAHAHA!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Have fun go bowling! I bowled when I was pregnant with my daughter. I figured that the bowling ball weighed less than my son and I carried him every where!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Go bowling and have fun. We are going tonight and I am 40 weeks along.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yes, but be careful still. Your center of gravity will be different and if you are not used to bowling you can pull some muscles.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I bowled while pregnant and had no issues. I asked my doctor about it at an appointment once and he said I could continue as long as I was comfortable. :)
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2010