What is a good family gift

I have 2 families to buy Christmas gifts for. They each have 4 children ranging in ages 8 to 13. I want to buy them a family gift instead of buying each kid a gift. Would spend between $30 to $50. Any ideas?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• Figi's has baskets of non perishable foods and sweets that are great for this, or you can make your own.

Answer by older at 12:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• What about a few board games they could play together or a gift card to a family friendly restaurant or to the movies??

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• A movie basket. Buy a popular movie, add popcorn, seasoning, a bunch of candy, a few two liters of soda or Koolaid....

Or just do a large candy basket. Fill it with all kids of candies.
    candy Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I thik a gift card to the movies would be fun. I'm not sure what board games they already have but that was my initial thought. I would like it to be something the famiy could use to spend time together.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Are you a good baker/cook? What things do they enjoy as a family? Maybe you could get them something that adds to them spending quality time as a family. A gift card to some family restaurant, movie or hobby... Whatever you choose, if it comes from the heart it is truly appreciated!
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 12:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• A large puzzle, and the supplies they can use after to make it a picture to hang on the wall. It's inexpensive, and they will have it to cherish for many years to come.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would make them some family fun gift baskets. You could do a game night theme with a couple of board games and some snacks, a movie night theme with popcorn and a few great DVDs or movie rental gift certificates or if the kids are older something more adventurous like passes to lazer tag (my own kids would love that). If they are outdoorsy you could do a camping theme basket with marshmallow forks, lanterns, etc.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• movie passes in a basket with microwave popcorn and chocolates? games like monopoly? a gift card to local pizza place or friendlys? a basket with hot chocolate, fudge, banana bread etc...whatever they like to eat. it is the thought that counts! GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Movie gift certificates. Allot of familys cant afford to take their whole family to a new movie (we cant but we go to the dollar one allot) it would be awesome to be able to take my family of 5 to a new new movie :)
    jat82

Answer by jat82 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You could do gift cards to an all you can eat place...
    A night at the movies basket with gift cards for movie rentals, popcorn, candy, etc that you get at the movie.
    Maybe a board game that the whole family may enjoy...
    Or tickets to something, zoo, movies, stage show...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010