Why are groups not chatting?

I have been a SAHM for a long time and since i have little family around and due to my anxiety and depression, little to no friends. Some days it would be wonderful to be able to chat with other women with like issues but these groups aren't chatting. Why?

andie6

Asked by andie6 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I know what you mean. I don't even bother with groups anymore because they are so inactive. Or I realize I really didn't identify with the group.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• ive joined a few groups and wondered the same thing.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well i like the new group i joined but i wish i could chat with them since we can relate to each other, you know?
    andie6

Comment by andie6 (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I know, instead you just sit and wait for a response to a post. Half the time you are lucky to get a response.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Have you sought out a local moms group that meet in person? For me, that's been my lifeline. I have a fantastic moms group I'm part of where I live, and we meet a few times a week (people go when they can). It really helped me get through post partum depression, struggling through nursing, and all the other challenges I've gone through that, as it turns out, LOTS of other moms have experienced, too!
    Our group in on meetup.com, but you can google moms groups or play groups in your area.
    Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I hardly leave my house now so talking on here is my first step at trying to get to know people. But i don't want to sit here all day posting back and forth when we could chat in real time. But thanks for the suggestion, maybe I'll make it that far one day.
    andie6

Comment by andie6 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I've noticed that in several groups. It's natural for groups to be slow in the summer, but they should have picked back up by now.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010